To support the design and development systems primarily relating to monitoring products for use in industrial applications. IT systems are based on mainstream Microsoft technologies of ASP.NET (all versions) and MS SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012).
KEY TASKS OF THE ROLE
Design, development, testing and documentation of MS Windows based applications, primarily for:
- Configuration of company’s range of industrial monitoring products
- Retrieval of data from industrial monitoring products, analysis and visualisation
- Working with designs to produce scalable, robust and reusable code
- Analysing and correcting software deficiencies and coding faults
- Peer review of specifications, change requests, design and code
- Make recommendations for choice of technologies
- Identify and enforce best practice and development standards
- To contribute towards the continual improvement of working practices and methods
- To undertake personal development activities appropriate to maintain and extend software development skills
- Commercial experience of .NET languages, especially C++ and VB
- Proven experience of developing Windows Applications and Services and application installers, for all versions of Windows from XP to Server 2012
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with automated test equipment with the electronics industry
- Knowledge of hardware communications (RS232/RS485)
- MS SQL Server (all versions), TSQL (Transact SQL), MS Access, Stored Procedures, Database Design and Optimisation
- MS SQL administration and security
- LINQ Entity Frameworks
- Experience of analysing requirements and developing specifications
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of the development lifecycle and standard test processes
- Version and revision control products VisualSVN
- Knowledge of NuGet or other package managers
- Knowledge of InstallShield
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Degree qualified in electronics, engineering or computing
LOCATION: Okehampton, Devon (car driver beneficial).
SALARY BAND: £25,000-£30,000 (dependant on experience) plus overtime (by agreement).
HOURS: 8.30am – 5.00pm, with half an hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday, with the occasional need to work overtime.
HOLIDAY & BENEFITS: 25 days plus bank holidays. 5% Employer Pension contribution. Other employee benefits after successful completion of 6-month probation period.
CVs to be sent to Kelly Holder: firstname.lastname@example.org